I’ve read many articles over the years that encourage taking a break from social media to boost creativity. I’ve proven it in practice, often taking to my garden in order to refresh myself. Chances are, if you run a small business, you spend a considerable amount of time online each day. Give yourself a break today in honor of world book day and national picnic day. Grab a great read and a picturesque spot with these local faves!
- Schoolcraft offers a great selection of books for babies, kids, tweens, and teens. With some classics and YA books on the shelves, many adults may find a fun read as well.
- Booklegger Used Books offers titles for many ages, in many genres. Bibliophiles unite and be prepared to spend a little time perusing the shelves.
- Huntsville-Madison County Public Library has 12 convenient branches. Pop in and check out a book for free or support the library with a purchase from their store.
- Nosh some Mason Dixon on Monte Sano. Swing by this local gluten free eatery for a delish meal to go and enjoy the drive up Bankhead. Dine at the overlook or in the pavilion. $$
- Grab some Happy Tummy and take Green Mountain up to the Nature Trail. Dine with the ducks by the lake. $
- Pack up your favorite sammy or salad at home and visit a local park. Most are FREE!